Monday, May 18, 2009

After NAR Midyear - More CRS (Day 7)

Bart Stevens reports: What a week - traveling beast that I am I never thought I'd hear myself say this but it's going to be really nice to be home! I miss the family but not sure about what faces me at the office.

Sunday was a busy day with the CRS Leadership luncheon. Each Region sat with their Regional VP to do some brainstorming. Region 1 consists of ME, MA and CT - there are no Chapters in the 3 other New England states. Nancy Rogers from Missouri has been assigned our regional VP for another 2-year term. Nancy will be coming to Maine in October to join us at our annual meeting. Disappointing as it is, learned we are not alone in membership issues and class cancellations. I heard this all weekend and it was confirmed at today's CRS Board of Directors meeting. CRS is close to a million dollars off on budget projections year to date (times like these really point out the need for associations to have a reserve fund).

A couple of final notes: Instead of a $20-25 taxi ride I decided to try the Metro to Reagan National Airport - it cost $1.35! Not bad if you don't mind dragging a suitcase around. And there are absolutely no lines at the airport 8 pm on a Sunday night!

Great week with an overload of information. Sure will be to sleep in my own bed. Signing off from Reagan National Airport. - Bart Stevens

Special Thanks: MAR sincerely thanks Bart Stevens (2009 President, Maine Chapter of CRS and 2009 Treasurer, MREIS) for his updates during the past 7 days in Washington, DC!

No comments: